It’s a new year, and that means there are new Circuit trails around the Greater Philadelphia Region set to open! From an extension to the Schuylkill River Trail in Center City, Philadelphia, to new lanes in Pennsauken, N.J., 2018 is set to be a great year for trail openings. So, if the snow’s got you down, here’s a list of trails you can look forward to seeing open later this year.
Circuit trails coming soon:
- SRT – South St. to Christian (Philadelphia)
- Baxter Trail – Firing Range Section (Philadelphia)
- Darby Creek – Swedish Cabin to Kent Park (Drexel Hill, Delaware County)
- SRT – Washington St. to Lower Pottsgrove (Montgomery County)
- Cobbs Creek Segment A (Philadelphia, Millbourne)
- North Park Drive Bike Lanes (Pennsauken Camden County)
- Trenton Wellness Loop (Trenton, Mercer County)
- Frankford Creek Greenway Phase I (Philadelphia)
- Tacony Creek – Roosevelt Blvd Connector (Philadelphia)
I am pleased to see progress on trails in 2018. It is a pleasure to see the South Jersey is being representated with proposed completion of trials in Camden and Mercer County later this year. South Jersey needs to do more to provide trails to complete the circuit. Let’s get a few more communities from SJ to have their trails added to the list.
Everbody together –> LET’S RAIL FOR TRAILS!
Better yet –> LETS RAIL FOR TRAILS WITH RAILS!!
More bicycling trails are great, but let’s not further dismantle our rail network creating them. These rail routes would cost billions (with a B) to rebuild, and that abandoned rail line will be needed if we’re going to reduce sprawl and climate emissions.