Reporting an Issue

Potholes or blocked bike lanes got you down? Use this page to most efficiently direct your request to the right agency.


Reporting damaged roads or bicycle facilities

You can report a wide range of issues by calling 311, using their mobile app for IOS or Android, or tweeting to @philly311. The City recommends using their app for the most reliable service and accountability. Here’s our “how to use 311 guide.”  The Philadelphia Streets Department is also responsive on Twitter (@PhilaStreets) when you ask questions, but not for officially reporting issues.

Reporting cars parked in bike lanes

To combat the problem of cars parked in bike lanes, we convinced the Parking Authority to monitor a Twitter hashtag, #unblockbikelanes. Tweet the location of a car parked in a bike lane, preferably with a photo of the car, and use that hashtag and tag @PhilaParking. But before you do, make sure you know the laws about what is allowable stopping or standing in bike lanes.

Reporting damaged or unsafe trails

In Philadelphia, trails are under the jurisdiction of Philadelphia Parks & Recreation Department. They are on Twitter (@PhilaParkandRec) and responsive to questions. We recommend reporting damaged or unsafe trails by using the Philly311 app and then also informing the Parks Department via Twitter or phone.

Reporting a crash or hit-and-run

Know what to do in the event of a crash. Report dangerous-driving taxis or limos to the Parking Authority by Twitter, email, or phone


Reporting unsafe roads

Roads and bridges are, with few exceptions, either local or state roads. To report damaged or unsafe state roads, call PennDOT’s report line at 1-800-FIX-ROAD. If it is a local road, contact the municipality through which the road winds.

Montgomery County

To report a damaged or unsafe road in Montgomery County, contact the Roads and Bridges Division at 610-278-3613.

To report a damaged or unsafe trail in Montgomery County, contact Linda Johnson at the Parks and Heritages Division at 610-278-3555.

Reporting damaged or unsafe trails

Each county has a different agency responsible for trail safety and maintenance. Visit each county government’s website for information on their respective methods for reporting.


Reporting unsafe or damaged roads and trails

To report unsafe road conditions, visit this State of New Jersey webpage.

To report unsafe or damaged trails, look to this page for the appropriate contact information by county.

Share This