On May 23rd, the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) approved ten projects selected by the NJ Department of Transportation for biking and walking in the region, including four that are a part of, or directly connect to, the Circuit Trails Network.
- River Birch Trail, Camden City: $680,000 – Part of the Cross Camden County Trail
- Atlantic Avenue Trail, Camden County: $1,220,000 – Part of the Cross Camden County Trail
- Fifth Street Rail to Trail, Florence Township: $562,000 – Will connect via local streets to the Delaware River Heritage Trail
- Lakeland Rd Connector Trail: $540,000 – Will connect to the Gloucester Township Health and Fitness Trail
The funds come from Transportation Alternatives Set-Aside Program and the New Jersey’s Safe Routes to School Program. The four New Jersey counties in the DVRPC region received $5.6 million and in total, more than $27 million was awarded statewide.
Lists of Approved Projects by Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO):
- DVRPC Region (Gloucester, Camden, Burlington, Mercer Counties)
- SJTPO Region (Salem, Cumberland, Atlantic and Cape May Counties)*
- NJTPA Region (All other counties in NJ)
*Only the projects highlighted in bold were selected for funding
1,817 total views, 1 views today