Circuit Trails Ride season officially begins April 15, —and the following day, on Saturday, April 16, the Bicycle Coalition will host our first Circuit Ride of the season. The ride will be our first-ever “Barnes to Barnes” journey, in which cyclists will head from the new Barnes Foundation on the Parkway in Philadelphia, to the original Barnes Foundation Museum in Lower Merion, then continue to some cool spots in Northwest Philadelphia and the suburbs.
Click here to see an online version of the Barnes to Barnes ride route.
The ride, which will leave at 1pm from the Barnes Museum, will hit the following spots:
- The Barnes Museum on the Parkway
- The future-Outward Bound ‘Discovery Center’ (East Park Reservoir)
- Pass the Barnes House in Lower Merion
- Cynwyd Heritage Trail
- The Manayunk Bridge
- The Venice Island water/arts facility
and will pass by the following future trail segments:
- The Parkside-Cynwyd Trail (City of Philadelphia is conducting a feasibility study)
- Cynwyd Spur (Lower Merion Township has completed a feasibility study)
- The Pencoyd Bridge and Pencoyd trail (under construction by O’Neill Properties)
And on the way back, we hope to hit a local Fairmount-area pub (which is still to be determined).
If you’re interested in joining this ride, check out the sign-up page here.
For all our Circuit rides – there are currently seven scheduled between April 16 and October 8 – check out this link.
But wait there’s more.
This ride is almost sold out. Therefore, we are going to plan TWO Barnes-to-Barnes Rides; the next one taking place the following week, one April 23. This blog will soon be updated with a link to the second Barnes-to-Barnes ride.
Remember, invitations to our Circuit rides are exclusive perks of being a Bicycle Coalition member. All are welcome, but if you’re a member of the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia, don’t forget to fill in Benefits2016 when you sign up for this, and every, ride if you’re already a member.
See you on the Circuit Trails!.