Aaaah… September! The kids are back in school and the grown-ups have got hurricane watches and Bicycle Coalition bike counts.
Our annual Bike Counts are critical to demonstrate the growth of our cycling community and support the Bicycle Coalition’s ongoing efforts to advocate for safer streets. Our counts are qualitative; looking at behavior, perceived gender (M,F,X), and Indego bike share and e-scooter usage.
We are looking for volunteers interested in helping us with this process between September 1 and October 29. This is one of our most popular volunteer activities, as it’s easy and directly contributes to our advocacy work and a better understanding of our city!
- On weekday mornings and evenings
- Morning shifts are 7:30 – 9:00 AM
- Evening shifts are 4:30 – 6:00 PM
- From September 1st to October 30th
- Do not count on 9/6 and 9/15
- They don’t happen in the rain