Are you a strong and resourceful cyclist who likes to have fun and take on new challenges? Have you ever wanted to learn how to race bikes?
WBPHL Racing, which is open to cyclists who identify as women, transgender, or nonbinary, currently has applications open for two cohorts, road and mountain bike. But don’t delay, as applications close Friday, January 3rd at 11:59pm.
The goals of this program are to:
1. Develop safe, prepared, skilled, thoughtful riders and spark competitive spirit through the sport of cycling.
2. Introduce concepts & skills in a progressive way to maintain a level of challenge appropriate to the riders in a positive learning environment.
3. Showcase road and trail riding unique to the Philadelphia region.
4. Have riders compete in 4-5 sanctioned beginner level races.
5. Foster team mentality of support, encouragement, and positive peer pressure.
More details can be found here. And if the program sounds like a good fit for you, go ahead and apply now!