The Better Bike Share Partnership, a grant-funded initiative to increase access to and use of bike share in underserved communities, is looking for a photographer to photograph events from April-October 2015.
In Philadelphia, the Bicycle Coalition is partnering with the City of Philadelphia and Bicycle Transit Systems, the operator of the Indego bike share system, to hold a number of promotional/educational events focused on bike share in underserved communities in Philadelphia in 2015.
- RFQ Submissions due: March 9, 2015
- Finalists selected: March 11, 2015
- Potential interview process if necessary – photographer selected by March 16, 2015.
- Event photographer would need to be available for major bike share related events (e.g. launch in late April) and some of the Better Bike Share outreach events, including tabling, bike safety classes, bike demo days, and community bike rides.
- Exact event dates would be scheduled approximately 1 month in advance, although some flexibility would be asked of the photographer with respect to scheduling.
- Many events are likely to be held on evenings and weekends.
- Note that the BCGP reserves the right to hire supplemental photographers as needed should the main photographer’s schedule not be able to accommodate a particular event, but the main contracted photographer would be our first choice for any event.
- Contract with the Mayor’s Fund for Philadelphia
- Report to/coordinate with the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia for the duration of the project.
- Attend and photograph events approximately weekly with the Better Bike Share Team. Note: most of these events will be in Point Breeze, Mantua/Powelton, and Lower North Philly east of Broad Street. Some may also be in Center City.
- Submit photographs in a timely manner to the Bicycle Coalition (exact timeline to be agreed upon in contract).
- Example of some photographs of similar events, in the approximate style we are looking for: https://www.peopleforbikes.org/blog/entry/nicer-rides-for-all-neighborhoods-equity-efforts-in-minnesotas-bike-share
To apply please send the following:
- Cover letter
- CV or resume
- Examples of your work (a link to a website is sufficient)
- 3 References
- Estimated cost per hour OR per event (whichever is preferable to you) for event photography work (our events will generally range from 1-3 hours).
To: Katie@bicyclecoalition.org (email submission is fine) OR
ATTN: Katie Monroe
Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
1500 Walnut St, Suite 1107
Philadelphia, PA 19102
For a full description of this job, including budget and photo usage, CLICK HERE.