Haverford Township Parks and Recreation and the Friends of Haverford Trails Plan will be hosting the 3rd annual Trail Summit next on Saturday, February 28th. The Summit is expanding its scope to explore regional trail development in adjacent communities as well as regional multi municipal trail projects that will connect Haverford’s trail network to the Circuit.
Speakers will include:
- John Battista – Newtown Township, integration of trail planning with major developments
- Cheryl Tumola – Radnor Township Greenways and Open Space Network Plan
- Chris Leswing – Lower Merion Township, update on Manayunk Viaduct/Cynwyd Heritage Trail plus township trail intiatives
- Bob Thomas – Forge to Refuge Trail Feasibility Study Update
- Steve Beckley – Delaware County Planning Department update on the Darby Creek Trail and Darby Creek Greenway Master Plan
Also on the agenda are updates to local trail projects and bicycle friendly striping on local roads. The Summit is free, coffee and pastries will be served.
The Haverford Regional Trails Summit
Saturday February 28th 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Haverford Township Community Recreation and Environmental Center
9000 Parkside Drive
For more information go to www.havtrail.com/summit2015.htm