Women Bike PHL
In Philadelphia, only one third of all bicyclists are women. This is better than the national average, but still shows that barriers exist to women bicycling. Women Bike PHL aims to shrink the gender gap in bicycling, making riding a bicycle more fun and feasible for Philadelphia women of all ages and backgrounds.
The hub of the program is the extremely vibrant Women Bike PHL Facebook group.
Women Bike PHL also holds rides, classes, and social events throughout the year, aimed at women bicyclists of all ability levels. Some of our events are just for women, while others are open to everyone.
Women Bike PHL events include, but are not limited to:
- Off-bike Urban Riding Basics classes sponsored by Piscitello Law
- Learn-to-Ride classes at Lloyd Hall
- Social bike rides highlighting local eateries or parks
- Basic mechanics classes hosted by local bike shops
- Visits from women bike leaders like Jacquie Phelan and Elly Blue
- Meetups for women bicyclists at bike-friendly bars and coffee shops