Cleanup at Mt Moriah Cemetery on MLK Day (Monday, 1/16/23) from 10am – 1pm
- Meet at the entrance to Mount Moriah Cemetery on Cobbs Creek Parkway (There is a gravel lot at the entrance)
- Map with location (click on link): Cobbs Creek Pkwy & Mt Moriah Cemetery (Map)
- For GPS or to find public transportation options, use address: 1004 Cobbs Creek Pkwy, Yeadon, PA 19050
- We will be cleaning up along the Cobbs Creek Trail and surrounding area. Trash removal from trail, creek, and surrounding woods preserves this area for all to enjoy and prevents trash from traveling elsewhere in the watershed area
- Waders will be available for those who want to venture into the Creek, as long as it’s not iced over
- Bring nothing (except your enthusiasm!). Gloves and equipment like trash bags, buckets, and some pickers will be provided. Dress warmly! Waterproof shoes are nice if going on the creek banks but on the trail areas it’s dry
- Sign up!
Wissahickon Trail: MLK Day Project (Monday 1/16/23 starting at 9am)
- Join Friends of the Wissahickon on MLK Day to help cleanup the paved bike and pedestrian trail across the creek from Lincoln Drive between the Wissahickon Transportation Center and Historic Rittenhouse Town.
- The trail, which re-opened in September after bridge repairs, is an important cycling connector trail between the SRT and the Germantown, Mount Airy, and Chestnut Hill neighborhoods in the Northwest part of the city.Click the link below for more information and to sign-up.
- The group will meet at Historic Rittenhouse Town at 9 a.m. Gloves, tools and instruction will be provided
- Sign up!