Please note there is active construction going on on Kelly Drive for a Stormwater Construction project which will result in rail closure. Scroll down for specifics, provided by City of Philadelphia.
Kelly Drive Stormwater Management Construction Project/Trail Alert:
· Philadelphia Parks & Recreation, in partnership with Philadelphia Water, recently began construction on several stormwater management devices along Kelly Drive between the roadway and the Schuylkill River Trail/Kelly Drive Recreation Path.
· Area of construction is between the St. Joseph’s University Boathouse (north) and the Judge’s Reviewing Stand Parking Lot (south)—all along Kelly Drive.
· During construction, the City’s contractor, JPC, will be required to close the trail during periodic times.
· Trail users are directed to use the gravel path which runs parallel to the paved trail.
· The completed project will manage stormwater from Kelly Drive through a series of green stormwater infrastructure devices.
· This will enhance the park area and reduce sediment flow into the Schuylkill.
· New trees will be planted and a new, ADA accessible picnic area near the southern parking lot will be constructed.
· Any impacts to the trail will be addressed by end of construction. Trail conditions will improve as edge of trail that has eroded will be restored.
· Gravel trail will be enhanced for detour by placement of additional stone fines/gravel.
· The projected schedule for completion is end of November 2016.