ProfiteROLL Rides Again
A Bike Pastry Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, April 27, 2019
Ride 9 am to 1 pm – route guide here
Our self-guided bike pastry scavenger hunt will roll throughout the city again and culminate with a post-ride celebration, bike rodeo, pastry fun and refreshments at Front Street and Cecil B. Moore Avenue starting at 10:30 AM.
The celebration, sponsored by Fishtown Co, starts at 10:30 and will feature a helmet giveaway sponsored by Main Line Health with help from Fette Sau and Frankford Hall. Cake Life is providing treats for youth who complete the skills building course hosted by Transport Cycles. A celebratory keg is in the works and will be tapped on Friday at the International across the street.
Joining us will be our newest partner, Families for Safe Streets of Greater Philadelphia, founded in support of families affected by traffic injuries and fatalities in Philadelphia and dedicated to finding new solutions to prevent these tragedies. ProfiteRoll was inspired by Emily Fredricks, Le Cheri’s pastry chef who was killed in November 2017 while cycling on Spruce Street. We’d like to activate our restaurant and cycling community in this fundraiser to create safer streets and help those who have been affected by crashes. We’ve been amazed at the work of the Fredricks family with their help in establishing this ride and founding our very own chapter of Families for Safe Streets.
Participants/Stations for 2019 Ride:
- Cake Life – Fishtown
- Hungry Pigeon – South Philly
- Lost Bread Co. – Fishtown
- Fiore – South Philly
- Taffets – South Philly
- Sweet Box – Midtown Village
- Parc Restaurant – Rittenhouse
- United By Blue – both locations (Old City & West Philadelphia)
- Berkshire Hathaway Fox & Roach featuring treats from Friday Saturday Sunday – Rittenhouse
- Ramona Susan’s Bake Shop – Fishtown
- Greenstreet Coffee Co. – Midtown Village
- Capital One Cafe – Rittenhouse
- a celebratory keg tapped at The International – Fishtown (across the street from the post-ride celebration)
Rider Frequently Asked Questions
1. Tell me more about this ride! What is the route? The ride is a leisurely, self-guided tour that goes through South Philly, Center City, and Fishtown & Kensington (with a bonus stop in West Philadelphia). Each station will give out a sweet treat to participants that stop by. You can start at any point on the route we will publish. This is not a supported ride and will be on streets open to traffic, so participating riders should be prepared to handle any mechanical issues on their own and should be comfortable riding in typical city conditions.
2. Do I need to register ahead of time? Yes, all participants need to register by Friday, April 19th.
3. What is the schedule for the day? What do I need to bring? All participants will be emailed a “passport” map which will be stamped at each participating station when you pick up your sweet treat. If you can’t print it out ahead of time, you can pick one up at the starting location on the day of the ride. Besides your map and “passport,” you should bring a helmet, water, lock, and any other supplies you’ll need to comfortably complete the ride.
4. Can children participate? Do they need a ticket?
We welcome people of all ages on this ride! Anyone who is consuming a treat at each station will need their own ticket. So, if your child wants their own treat at each stop, they should have their own ticket & passport. Otherwise, they may just tag along and share!