Save the Date: ProfiteROLL Rides Again
A Bike Pastry Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, April 27, 2019
Thanks to a generous offer made by restauranteurs Roland Kassis and Paul Kimport (Suraya, Johnny Brenda’s), the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia, Families for Safe Streets Greater Philadelphia, and the Fredricks Family are pleased to announce that the Second Annual Profiteroll will take place in Spring 2019. The self-guided bike pastry scavenger hunt will roll throughout the city again and culminate with a post-ride celebration, pastry throwdown, and bike rodeo taking place at Front Street and Cecil B. Moore Avenue.
In addition to the Co-Op, Junto Bikes and Lagunitas have indicated their support this year – if you’d be interested in sponsorship opportunities for the ride or celebration, please contact Alan@bicyclecoalition.org
A big thank you to last year’s brunch sponsors Cake Life, R2L, Continental Mid Town, Faber Distilling, La Croix Rittenhouse, Cadence, Elizabeth Roantree, Caitlyn Maguire, and the unbelievable Pierre and Charlotte Calmels of Bibou; ride sponsors La Colombe, Yards Brewing, ABUS, and those who spread the word Billy Penn, Gloss PR, and Fitt Philly.
Thank you to our station participants from last year listed below. If you’d like to be on the route this year, please contact Amanda@bicyclecoalition.org for more details.
Participants/Stations for 2018 Ride:
- Cake Life – Fishtown
- Philly Style Bagels – Fishtown
- Johnny Brenda’s featuring Yards Love Stout – Fishtown
- Hungry Pigeon – South Philly
- Benna’s West – South Philly
- Performance Bicycle featuring treats from The Tasty and La Colombe – South Philly
- Federal Donuts – North 7th
- Elixr featuring treats from Machine Shop Boulangerie – Center City
- Parc Restaurant – Rittenhouse
- Day by Day – Rittenhouse
- Vetri Cucina – Center City
- Berkshire Hathaway Fox & Roach featuring treats from Friday Saturday Sunday – Rittenhouse
- Kin, the boutique on Pine Street, featuring treats from Jones – Center City
Rider Frequently Asked Questions
1. Tell me more about this ride! What is the route? The ride is a leisurely, self-guided tour that goes through South Philly, Center City, and Fishtown & Kensington. Each station will give out a sweet treat to participants that stop by. You can start at any point on the route we will publish. This is not a supported ride and will be on streets open to traffic, so participating riders should be prepared to handle any mechanical issues on their own and should be comfortable riding in typical city conditions.
2. Do I need to register ahead of time? Yes, all participants need to register by Friday, April 19th.
3. What is the schedule for the day? What do I need to bring? All participants will be emailed a “passport” map which will be stamped at each participating station when you pick up your sweet treat. If you can’t print it out ahead of time, you can pick one up at the starting location on the day of the ride. Besides your map and “passport,” you should bring a helmet, water, lock, and any other supplies you’ll need to comfortably complete the ride.
4. Can children participate? Do they need a ticket?
We welcome people of all ages on this ride! Anyone who is consuming a treat at each station will need their own ticket. So, if your child wants their own treat at each stop, they should have their own ticket & passport. Otherwise, they may just tag along and share!