Overview and Goals
Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling fosters healthy habits, independence and leadership in Philadelphia youth one ride at a time.
- BCYC aims to grow stronger, happier, and better prepared leaders of next generation.
- In 2016, BCYC has 7 teams in Philadelphia with roughly 100 athletes.
- BCYC athletes increase their physical fitness and well-being through cycling practices and nutrition education.
Despite its focus on cycling, BCYC is not just about riding and racing.
- Each cycling practice incorporates teaching life skills, such as teamwork, perseverance, and goal setting.
- BCYC students that endeavor leadership skills receive college workshops and career preparation.
- BCYC provides seniors with the opportunity to become junior coaches and graduates of the program with the opportunity to coach Cadence teams.
To keep up with Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling’s goings-on, sign up for the monthly newsletter here.