As part of Bike to Work Day (which will be held this year on Friday, May 19th), the Bicycle Coalition recognizes area businesses that make it easier and more inviting to bike to work. The Bike-Phriendly Business Awards are presented at a press conference held at Dilworth Park, which is the destination of a VIP ride that departs from the Penn Museum energizer station.
We look for businesses that provide the following amenities for their employees:
- Secure bicycle parking,
- Bike-supportive employee facilities such as showers
- Bicycling encouragement program
- Bicycle Commuter Benefits (annual or monthly stipend)
- Bicycling culture in the office (regular commuters, listserv for employees to connect, riding club, support network for new riders)
- Business Member, Discount Partner or sponsor of the Bicycle Coalition
- Bicycle Coalition membership as a part of employment perks
Last year, Ticketleap and Project H.O.M.E. received the honors.
This year’s nomination process has started. You can nominate your business or employer until May 3rd.