Biking for Brittany/Walk of Love
Brittany’s Hope is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization in Elizabethtown, PA dedicated to aiding abandoned and at-risk children around the world. We work hard to raise money and bring awareness to the community about children with special needs living with distressing circumstances. As a community leader, you understand the pressing need for children to have clean water, food, an education, and hope. We provide financial support through our Adoption Grant program to bring children/sibling groups home into a family’s loving arms from around the world.
We are asking for your in-kind assistance to promote this great event to your staff & members to help the kids and bring the community together for a wonderful cause!
We are hosting a fundraising event, Biking For Brittany/Walk of Love (with a Kids Fun Run/Top Fundraising Participants—with prizes!) to assist with these needs . . . on Sunday, September 10th at Stone Gables Estate/The Star Barn in Elizabethtown, PA.
- Cyclist Fee: $55 (this includes all activities for the day!)
- 1-Mile Walk of Love/Kids Fun Run- $15
There will be prizes for the Kids Fun Run & top fundraisers!
The fundraising day is as follows:
- Biking for Brittany is in its’ 2nd year– It’s a Metric Century (62 miles) and Half Metric Century Bike Ride (31 miles), starting at the beautiful and historic Star Barn and proceeding through Hershey and surrounding areas. We will have five (5) rest stops along the way for cyclist to stay safe & hydrated and grab a quick snack/drink. We are anticipating over 200 riders for this event.
- Walk of Love- For 18 years, the Walk of Love has brought families and the community together to celebrate the joy of adoption! The Walk of Love is a 1-mile walk around The Star Barn area, along with a kids race, food trucks, and fun activities. Stephen Courtney & The Suitcase Musicians will be on hand to celebrate Adoption! It’s a fun day to spend with family and friends! Please note: you do not have to be associated with adoption to participate in this great event!
- This event is open to everyone! All Ages! Come out & join us!
- Anticipated community support of riders & walkers — 600 people.
- Goal- $110K
If you need any additional information, please let me know. Thank you for your consideration. 100% of proceeds go directly to the kids!
Walk-on Registration will begin at 6:30 AM (for Biking for Brittany) & 10:30 AM (for Walk of Love/Kids Fun Race) on Sunday, September 10, 2023, at the Star Barn.
Schedule of Events
- 6:45 AM – Check-In/Registration for Metric Century
- 7:45 AM – Registration for Metric Half-Century
- 10:30 AM -12:00 NOON – Check-In/Registration for Walk of Love
- 10:30 AM – 3:00 PM – Family Activities & Food Trucks
- 12:30 PM – Kick-off Rally for Walk of Love with Kids Fun Run
- 1:15 PM – Awards & Raffle, and Celebration with Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians
- 3:00 PM – All Bike Riders Complete Courses; Rest Stops Close
Fun Family Activities
- Kid Fun Run (Age 13 & Under)
- Adoption Celebration Walk (For All)
- Face Painting
- Food Trucks
- Kids Games with Prizes
- Celebration with Steven Courtney & the Suitcase Musicians
- Self-Guided Tour of the Historic Star Barn Property
- And More to Come!