Call The Senate Leadership!
Several infrastructure projects in Pittsburgh, Lancaster, York, Harrisburg, and Philadelphia have been put on hold or have been watered down due to some weird language in the Pennsylvania vehicle code — but we can do something about it.
Call the Senate Transportation Committee leadership and ask they bring up HB792 for a vote in October!
1. Call these three Senators on the Transportation Committee:
- Senator Kim Ward, Chair: (717) 787-6063
- Senator John Sabatina, Chair: (717) 787-9608
- Senator Mario Scavello, Vice Chair: (717) 787-6123
2. Say this: “Hello. My name is ______ and I’m calling the Transportation Committee leadership from _______ to ask that they please bring House Bill 792 up for a vote when the Transportation Committee reconvenes in October. This legislation would allow for Parking Protected Bike Lanes and Pedestrian Plazas in Pennsylvania cities and towns. HB792 is a technical fix to the Vehicle Code that will allow the flexibility to design safe streets for everyone in Pennsylvania.”
Get a good response? Let us know by emailing Randy@BicycleCoalition.org