Earlier this year, we came together with Bike Pittsburgh to craft a Sustainable Mobility Platform for the next Pennsylvania Governor, which sets forward a list of policy issues that we want the next administration to address. We also applied to be on the Transition Advisory Committee and last week learned that our Executive Director, Sarah Clark Stuart, was added! She will work with our colleagues at Bike PGH to push for these issues to be addressed by the next administration.
Everyone in Pennsylvania should have the opportunity to access safe biking and walking infrastructure on their main streets to get around in their daily life. This platform dives into priority topics around sustainable mobility we look forward to Governor Shapiro executing. Along with the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia and Bike Pittsburgh, 26 advocacy organizations from across Pennsylvania endorsed the values and policy proposals that are outlined in this platform, which was submitted to Governor-Elect Shapiro on December 2nd. Read the full platform here.
- Prioritize sustainable mobility policies within PennDOT
- Align funding priorities with Sustainable Mobility
- Invest in Safe Routes to School
- Accelerate Active Transportation Infrastructure Development
- Legislative Priorities to champion
We look forward to joining the Shapiro-Austin Transportation & Infrastructure Transition Advisory Committee to advise the incoming Administration and prepare to advance Governor-Elect Shapiro’s top priorities: growing our economy, making our communities safer, and ensuring all Pennsylvania students receive a high-quality education.
Full List of Transportation & Infrastructure Members:
- Craig Snyder, CEO, Indigo Global Corporation
- Bernie Hall, President, United SteelWorkers District 10
- Bill Hamilton, President, Pennsylvania Conference of Statewide Teamsters; International Vice President, Teamsters
- Joanne Manganello, Director of Pennsylvania Government Relations, LIUNA Mid-Atlantic Regional Organizing Coalition
- Thomas R. McIntyre, Business Manager/Financial Secretary, I.B.E.W. Local Union No. 5
- Tom Melcher, Business Manager, Pittsburgh Regional Building Trades Council
- Brittaney Rodas, Legislative and Political Representative, UFCW Local 1776
- Wadud Ahmad, President/Co-Founder, Ahmad Zaffarese LLC
- Chuck Hammel, President, Pitt Ohio
- Jeffrey Letwin, Counsel, Saul Ewing LLP
- Gregory B. May, Vice President & Pennsylvania Office Leader, HNTB Corporation
- Thomas C. Melisko, Jr., Business Manager, International Union of Operating Engineers Local 66
- Leslie Richards, General Manager, SEPTA; Former Secretary of PennDOT; Former Montgomery County Commissioner
- Mark Stine, Executive Vice President Legislative and Public Affairs, PA Automotive Association
- Sarah Clark Stuart, Executive Director, Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
- Vince Tutino, President, The Lindy Group Inc.
- Barry Schoch, Senior Vice-President, KCI Technologies, Inc.
- Folasade (Sade) Olanipekun-Lewis, Vice President Operating & Community Partnerships, Vantage Airport Group
- Jon Geeting, Engagement Director, Philadelphia 3.0
- George Zalar, Business Manager, Ironworkers Local 404
See all Transition Advisory Committees here