Trails are not just for recreation. They can get us to work, to the grocery store, or to nearby green space. Trails allow us to cross paths with our neighbors as we walk our dogs, build exercise into our daily routes, and take us to places we’ve never been.
We are one of the leading partners building the Circuit. Together with the William Penn Foundation and other partner organizations, we have secured tens of millions of dollars to build trails in our region. We also built and maintain the Circuit’s official website at www.circuittrails.org. Visit that site for:
- An interactive map of trails, both currently built and under construction
- Planning a trip with step-by-step directions
- The partner organizations in our region building trails
- How you can get involved
How You Can Help Connect the Circuit
- Share our vision of connecting our region with a network of beautiful trails by becoming a member of our Champion Circle.
- Sign the Circuit Petition, expressing your support for building new trails.
- Tell your elected officials that you value trails and green space in your community.
When we connect the 750 miles of the Circuit, Greater Philadelphia will have a trail network unlike any other in the country — connecting the urban, suburban and rural communities of the fifth largest metropolitan region in the US. The Circuit will make our region stronger by providing a place for healthy transportation and recreation, connecting our communities to green space, and making our neighborhoods more attractive places to live and work.