By the year 2020…
- More people are biking but fewer are getting hurt
- Bike mode share triples across the region
- Philadelphia continues to be the #1 big city for bicycle mode share
- The number of bicycle and pedestrian deaths and injuries in Philadelphia falls by half
- For trips under four miles, bicycling and walking are viewed as convenient, safe transportation choices
- You can ride all day on a trail network to and from Philadelphia and any surrounding county
- Philadelphia is recognized as a national model for innovative transportation policies and facilities
- Our streets are calmer because motor vehicles and bikes are doing a better job of following the rules of the road
- The Bicycle Coalition is a thriving, financially stable organization that is recognized for its leadership locally and nationally
We have planned for how to make this vision a reality through our strategic plan. We will realize our vision by acting on a core set of beliefs:
- Bicyclists are the leaders of the shift we want to see but success requires collaboration with many others.
- We are accountable to our members for excellence in pursuit of our mission and transparency in our operations.
- The road to victory is long — we will win while having plenty of time for family, friends and bike rides.
- Our reputation rests on the efforts of our staff and volunteers working in a place where every person’s contribution is valued.
- We will create a world-class bicycling city and region after we become an organization, and movement, that represents the diversity of the community we serve.
- Riding a bike is fun — don’t let the fact that it’s convenient, healthy, green and affordable distract from the pure joy of it.
Our most recent published strategic plan can be found here.